Tuesday 12 February 2008

Seeing Black and White


My Sony A700 has a number of different scene modes that I never thought I would ever use, as they only affect the jpeg and I shoot raw pretty much all the time. However it does help to choose settings that will give you a good jpeg, because Adobe lightroom seems to automatically display the Raw image using the settings from the camera. The closer it is to what you want, the less tweaking there is to do in Lightroom.

One thing I have never used before on a camera, is the black and white mode, because it always felt like I was throwing away information. But if you shoot Raw + Jpeg, it works out really nicely because you get to see the image in black and white on the screen, but you don't lose any of the colour information in the Raw file.

No comments:

Post a Comment