Thursday 5 June 2008

Case Closed


I returned to the scene of the accident to see if I could find out anything about what happened to the old man from my previous post. Travelling in the opposite direction from my original bus journey, I wasn't able to recognise where I had been. I thought that maybe I was mistaken about where the accident happened and that perhaps I was on a different road. It was only when I retraced my original route, that I actually recognised the location. It was surprising how much was different from what I remembered. The side road wasn't as narrow, the cobbles were more modern bricks. It shouldn't be surprising that reality doesn't match my memory, but I did find it a bit weird that it was so different, especially as I had been up that road quite a few times..

I went into the newsagent on the corner and asked if they had seen what had happened to the old man. They told me that he was allright. He had come round and got carted off to hospital for a checkup. Here's hoping he makes a full recovery. Though I think next time I will take the shot and then moralise about it afterwards.

No comments:

Post a Comment