Monday 27 April 2009

5 Minute Product Shot


Its been a couple of weeks since I've been able to post to the blog. Life has been very busy what with models and photographers being herded for the London Strobist Meetup Group and my old school band reforming. I have a few things lined up for the blog, but they are time consuming to put together. So here is something quick and easy.

I was round at my mother's house the other day and just as I'm about to go home she says, she has a pair of Vivienne Westwood shoes, and could I photograph them for her. Fortunately I carry my SLR and flash with me everywhere I go, so I was able to do a quickie shot for her.

shoes-43

shoes-42The setup was very simple. I arranged the shoes on her leather sofa, aimed the flash at the white wall to create a fairly soft light. And to get a little light over to the opposite side I put up a piece of which card. In the set-up shot the bounce card is a little too far away, for the final shot, I moved it so it was just outside the frame.

With a little more time I could have finessed the light a bit, got some nice highlights on the leather but I literally had to shoot and go.

No comments:

Post a Comment