Wednesday 28 January 2009

Kaiser Shoes with 3.5mm Jack Plug


A while back I showed you how to modify a Kaiser hotshoe to replace the PC plug with a 3.5mm jack. If you are rubbish with a soldering iron then there is an alternative for you.

The Flash Centre have had a special run of Kaiser Hotshoes made pre-modded with a 3.5mm jack plug that will connect to your Elinchrom Skyports or Pocket Wizards. I cannot recommed a more secure way of connecting your flash trigger than this. No more unreliable PC socket to worry about. However they aren't cheap, they cost about three times the price of the DIY version.

The feet on these things are removable, so you can configure it with a hot-foot or a tripod mounting socket.

1 comment:

  1. I'd like to be able to recommend them, but as you said they're three times the price.

    I thought yeah it'll be worth it... but then they broke, as these mounts usually do, with enough use. I took them back and exchanged them for two of the standard ones and the PW sync-phono adapter. At least if it the shoe brakes (and it will at some point) I only have to replace half the value.

    ReplyDelete