Saturday 19 January 2008

Walk London at Lunchtime


The Smoking RoomOf all my new years resolutions, this one has been the most successful and fruitful. Ive printed a map of an area centered on my office in Holborn and every day I stop for a bacon roll at a local Cafe and head off into the unknown.

The area I'm covering is a square about 2 kilometers on each side centered on Holborn, and its surprising how much ground I've managed to cover in an hour per day. There are places that I know well and have been revisiting them and looking in the odd little side streets. I have discovered little shortcuts and alleyways that aren't on the map and places that I didnt really know existed.

As I go along, I have been noting the places of interest so that I can take a more leasurely look another time with my camera. It won't be long before I have literally been in every single street in the area.

1 comment:

  1. This is a good idea, and coincidentally I'm also in the Holborn area, so I think I'll be printing off a map and going exploring! It's not so much a new years resolution for me, but something I've wanted to do for ages - you've just inspired me to get up and go out there and do it - thank you!

    ReplyDelete